Registration and morning coffee for both sessions is at 08:30 and sessions will conclude at 17:00. Lunch, morning and afternoon tea provided. Choose between:
FORECASTING GAS PRICE TRENDS & IMPACTS ACROSS AUSTRALIA IN UNCERTAIN TIMES
In this session you will learn strategies for better predicting gas price trends. You will also examine the role gas may play in Australia and the impacts it may have considering the implications of the external environment and current and future drivers, and the growth of effective gas storage facilities.
You will compare how these vary between east and west coast markets and how the “north” may be the new energy zone.
The session is designed for all professionals in the gas industry whose organisation will be impacted by movements in gas prices, gas use, investment in gas supply and infrastructure or who need to understand more about the future of the energy industry in Australia and policy decisions.
During the session you will:
- Consider business and residential gas price, consumption changes and the impacts on manufacturing
- Look at the potential impacts of LNG supply/demand balance and forecasts and LNG regasification projects
- Conduct a detailed analysis of the potential roles for gas in Australia and how these may eventuate
- Examine the potential role for gas in power generation as intermittent renewables bite
- Evaluate impacts from policy decisions (state and federal) as reforms are implemented
This session will be led by Adjunct Professor and Executive Director Jim Snow and his talented gas team.
MASTER COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS AND REVIEW CHANGING REGULATIONS
In this workshop, you will get insight on the future of compliance in the domestic gas industry and how best to comply with evolving information requests – preparing your organisation for the future regulatory landscape.
The content will give you an insight into what regulation bodies are trying to achieve in the way of transparency and what this means in practice from the information and data your company will need to disclose.
Given the dynamic nature of policy, this workshop is a great opportunity to stay well-informed and understand how best to comply with a changing regulation.
The session is designed for those working within gas producers, gas infrastructure and government who have direct involvement with regulatory compliance management, government relations or strategic decision making that requires policy insight.
During the session you will:
- Get an overview of policy changes on the horizon at a state and federal level
- Assess the roles of various regulators at a state and federal level and the different requirements of complying with each
- Assess your current internal regulatory management procedures and identify areas that can be optimised
- Understand how to meet the spirit and letter of information requests
- Understand emerging requirements that your company should prepare for in the coming three years
This session will be led by leading regulation and compliance expert Graeme Dennis Partner at HWL Ebsworth.