Tim GouldChief Energy EconomistInternational Energy Agency (IEA)
Anna BrakeyCommissioner, Chair East Coast Gas Market BoardAustralian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC)
Rob WhealsChief Executive Officer and Managing DirectorAPA Group
Margaret HallChief Executive OfficerSeven Group Holdings Energy
Ian DaviesChief Executive OfficerSenex Energy
Frank TudorChief Executive Officer & Managing DirectorJemena
Anthea HarrisDeputy Secretary - EnergyVictorian Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
Kristin RamanHead of Strategy and InnovationAustralian Gas Infrastructure Group (AGIG)
- The evolving role of gas as decarbonisation gathers pace
- Understanding the role of Australian LNG in developing countries in Asia
- Focus on emissions intensities and ways to reduce them
- Keeping the gas value chain robust through renewable gases
The Hon. Chris Bowen
Shadow Minister for Climate Change and Energy
Federal Opposition (pending parliamentary sitting dates)
- Improving the transparency of gas prices in the east coast gas market through netback pricing
- Walking the tightrope of sufficient East Coast supply and understanding the risks to disruption
- Overcoming gas affordability issues in the domestic market
- Detailing the transition pathways and policy mechanisms to achieve emissions reduction while maintaining energy affordability, security, reliability and safety
- Balancing gas for cooking against the expensive/extensive infrastructure domestic gas requires
- Examining LNG alternatives and their timelines and practicalities
- Implications of the AEMC review how rules can accommodate hydrogen and renewable gases
Deputy Secretary - Energy
Victorian Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
- Building common-user pipelines to increase the viability of new gas developments
- Expanding existing pipelines and building gas processing plants to support gas-based industry
- Providing ample and affordable gas to back up renewable energy and supply manufacturers for the domestic market
- Role of gas in supporting the energy transition
- Repurposing gas infrastructure through an energy transition
- Keeping gas affordable for customers big and small
Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director
- Transitioning to less greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions-intensive fuels
- Reaching net-zero GHG emissions by 2040 whilst continuing to invest in domestic gas and LNG projects
- Developing effective carbon capture and storage (CCS) ventures to bury CO2 produced
- Ensuring that blue hydrogen is a credible clean energy
- How are new ESG pressures manifesting themselves for the gas sector and economy?
- Can continued use of gas infrastructure reduce emissions at a lower cost than electrifying the services provided by natural gas?
- How can the gas sector respond to greater carbon accountability and responsibility without undermining viability?
Head of Integrated Energy, Resources and Carbon Research
Head of Strategy and Innovation
Australian Gas Infrastructure Group (AGIG)
Energy Finance Analyst Gas/LNG
Institute for Energy Economics & Financial Analysis (IEEFA)
University of Queensland Energy Initiative
Dennis Van Puyvelde
Head of Renewable Gas
Energy Networks Australia
Assistant National Secretary
The Australian Workers Union
- Will a lowering of demand for gas in domestic/energy sector increase costs for gas users?
- Can LNG producers expect to have sufficient supply to meet their contracts, while withdrawing more gas from the domestic market to export?
- Can the Gas Industry Voluntary Code of conduct make the supply chain more functional?
- How can renewable gases compete with renewable electricity’s impact on the gas prices debate?
Senior Research Analyst
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
Vice President Corporate Affairs
former Group Chief Financial Officer
Coronado Global Resources
The ADGO event dinner on 22 March is the perfect opportunity to network, unwind and socialise with industry peers during your time in Sydney. Tickets are available for $220 inc GST. Includes drinks and dinner.