Registration and morning coffee for both sessions is at 08:30 and sessions will conclude at 17:00. Lunch, morning and afternoon tea provided. Choose between:
Detailed gas market analysis - understanding price trends, supply and demand dynamics and new areas like LNG imports
In this session you will get a detailed and up-to-date overview of the gas industry developments in Australia, including natural gas supplies, regulatory changes, emission targets, LNG imports, Hydrogen and renewable gas developments - and what all this is likely to mean for business and residential consumers.
Participate in a skilled interaction with expert leaders that will explore the trends and changes that are happening that will impact gas use, prices for gas and the future of the gas industry overall and its interaction with other energy use including electricity and liquid fuels. Learn strategies for navigating these changes and better predicting gas price trends, energy price impacts and long-term contracting strategies.
The session is designed for all professionals in the gas industry whose organisation will be impacted by movements in gas prices, gas use, investment in gas supply and infrastructure or who need to understand more about the future of the energy industry in Australia and policy decisions.
During the session you will:
- Consider business and residential gas price scenarios, demand/consumption changes, and the impacts on business and residential gas users,
- Examine new gas supply options and supply constraints
- Look at the potential impacts of LNG regasification projects and the fight for east coast market share in a what may well become a high-risk market
- Get a detailed overview of hydrogen and renewable gas developments and opportunities
- Conduct a detailed analysis of the potential roles for gas in Australia in these rapidly changing scenarios and how these may eventuate
- Examine the potential role for gas and in particular hydrogen and renewable gases in power generation as intermittent renewable power generation bites
Executive Director, Adjunct Professor
University of Queensland Energy Initiative
Analysing the changing energy mix and opportunities for gas to contribute to a decarbonised economy
This session will focus on gas’ changing role in the energy mix and economy as the Australian economy continues to decarbonise, with a focus on energy generation.
Designed for anyone within the gas value chain with a need to understand the long term outlook for domestic gas demand or an interest in opportunities for gas or related infrastructure to contribute to a decarbonisation in the economy.
Throughout the day the day the session will explore a number of scenarios that could evolve based on various policy and commercial settings in regards to the energy mix in Australia.
During the session you will:
- Analyse forecasts and models for the make-up of the wholesale energy market for the short, medium and long term
- Conduct a detailed analysis of expected daily demand curves with a focus on peak demand
- Determine what opportunities there are for ‘firming’ assets in the market including battery storage, hydro and gas peaking
- Understand how various federal and state policies are likely to impact the future energy mix, as well as how they might evolve
- Examine cost curves for various generation technologies, including gas to assess the commercial viability of building more gas generation
- Assess the economics of the development of new gas ‘peaking’ plants
To be announced
PLACES ARE LIMITED - BOOK A 3-DAY OR 4-DAY PACKAGE TO SECURE A WORKSHOP SPOT
LOOK AT REGISTRATION OPTIONS WWW.ADGOCONFERENCE.COM.AU/REGISTRATION
ANY QUESTIONS? CALL US ON +61 (0)2 8188 7535 OR EMAIL INFO@QUESTEVENTS.COM.AU